2014 Cabin Fever

A section for all non-Steamboat things and machinery - Steam vehicles, trucks, plant, cars etc...
fredrosse
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Margaret S.

2014 Cabin Fever

Post by fredrosse » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 am

Cabin Fever, at York Fairgrounds in Pennsylvania is this Friday - Saturday - Sunday 11-12-13 April. Friday a big machinery auction, metals, and everything you can imagine from old steam/machinery workers estates. Friday Saturday Sunday a large show of miniature to full size matal workers crafts, many steam engines, IC engines, Tractors, working Gatling Guns, CNC machinery, conventional metalworking machinery, have seen full sized steam launches as well as full sized hook and ladder fire engines for sale here.

Hundreds of model steam engines, a small boat pool for RC steamboats, etc. The Dusenberg car model shown below is amazing, everything works, the engine runs on gasoline, the transmission and differential are real machines, and the dashboard gauges work. This modeler must have unlimited resources, and a Swiss watch factory!
Attachments
Fulton1807Engine.JPG
Fulton1807Engine.JPG (109.78 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Model Dusenberg, even the dashboard gauges work.JPG
Model Dusenberg, even the dashboard gauges work.JPG (119.74 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Dusenberg Engine - Yes it Runs.JPG
Dusenberg Engine - Yes it Runs.JPG (85.76 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Re: 2014 Cabin Fever

Post by steamdon-jr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:24 am

Fred, I assume you will be there ? I am going all 3 days, maybe I will find something at the auction. I will have a table set up near the boat pond advertising the North American Steamboat Association and also flyers with the dates for my steamboat meets on Lake Nockamixon. I will also be running the African Queen model that Charlie Roth gave to me in the boat pond....by the way people the boat pond is 50 x 100 feet and is indoors. stop by the NASBA table.
fredrosse
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Margaret S.

Post by fredrosse » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm

I will be there Saturday. Hope to see many of our steamboating friends there.
TCFluidControl
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Chester

Post by TCFluidControl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 am

Oh wow, beautiful. I'd love to take 'Evelyn Rose' for a paddle.
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Post by steamdon-jr » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Did not take a lot of pictures at cabin fever expo, made sure to snap a pic of the climax, a steam powered motorcycle, also took a pic of my African queen live steam model along with my Graham twin and last but not least I had a booth set up for the North American Steamboat Association and the cute kid working the booth is my son Dylan (note the 50' X 100'indoor pond behind my son for running steam, electronic and gas boats and also actual diving submarines). Dylan had a blast viewing the 100's of steam engines, gatling guns and other well crafted machines at the show.