Valve Material Identification

For technical tips, questions etc. on all subjects except Engines and Boilers.
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Re: Valve Material Identification

Post by cyberbadger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Old Steamer wrote:However, it's a long, long way from North-East Ohio, USA to West Lothian, Scotland and I would not want him to go to all the trouble and expense of sending it across the pond. Thank you all the same.
Well, I've sent stuff to Canada for steamboaters. I've bought an John Winn single cylinder steam engine from the UK and had it shipped to the US. (Boy was that a whole $800 to ship it across the pond) If your friend doesn't work out, you know how to get in contact with me.

My open standing offer generally for any steamboater is McMaster-Carr has a lot of stuff, if they don't ship to where you live, but want something from them for your launch I am happy to buy and ship it if you promise to reimburse me cost and shipping. (Sent a few steam rated flexible stainless steel braided hoses to a few Canadians)

-CB
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.

Post by Mike Rometer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 am

For PTFE, filled, or otherwise, in reasonable quantities try Noggin End Metals of Stoke. They have a website. They mostly supply Model Engineers and Mike (owner) is very helpful.

I'm just a satisfied customer.
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
Old Steamer
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine
Boat Name: Nell

Post by Old Steamer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am

I know of Noggin End having previously used them but am now in possession of a lump of glass filled PTFE that should keep me going for a while. Thanks for reminding me - I wonder where the name comes from?

OS