Wanted - spare wheel for LoadRite Trailer

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Wanted - spare wheel for LoadRite Trailer

Post by PeteThePen1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi Folks

This is a request from the UK probably most relevant to folks on the East and NE of the US but see what you think.

Frances Ann is getting ready to come out of the garage and head up to Coniston for the plumbing to be done. However, I would feel happier if I had a spare wheel for the trailer. The latter is a US built LoadRite model 20280096VT made in 2008. It has 14" galvanised 5 lug wheels. The lug PCD is 4.5" and the lugs are ½" diameter. The tyres are ST205/14C.

I am looking for a used/second hand wheel to keep down the price as the Pound Sterling has a terrible exchange rate against the US Dollar just now. I will not need a tyre as they are available here in the UK. A 'u' bolt for attaching it to the winch post would be nice, but I can probably get one made locally.

So if anybody is breaking a trailer, or has spotted something that would do, I would be pleased to hear from you.

Regards

Pete

PS I have seen odd ads on Amazon and E-bay but the shipping cost quoted always seems excessive.
DCSmith
Lighting the Boiler
Lighting the Boiler
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Re: Wanted - spare wheel for LoadRite Trailer

Post by DCSmith » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 am

I can send a 14" Mustang wheel, with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, for the cost of shipping.
Hack of all trades
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by PeteThePen1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Dear Mr Smith

Many thaks indeed for your kind offer.

I hope you will not mind, but I will not take you up on it for the moment. I have been advised that I need to know the wheel offset and make sure that is the same as the existing wheels. Typically, I can find no details etched on the outside rim, so I guess I will need to jack up the trailer and pull one off.

The other fly in the ointment is that shipping from the US would appear to cost $140 for an item of that approximate weight.

Oh dear! Why are trailers never nice and simple???

Regards

Pete
DCSmith
Lighting the Boiler
Lighting the Boiler
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Post by DCSmith » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:23 am

No problem, I doubt if the wheel is going anyplace soon, so it should still be here if you run out of options.

Some Honda wheels are 5 on 4.5 (114.3) mm, at least here, so you might be able to get a steel spare locally. I don't know if those little "doughnut" spares are used in the UK.

I can always check shipping rates from my end, if you do need to buy one from the US.

Nice to be able to contribute, Don
Hack of all trades