Very large Ashcroft gauge for sale, Colorado

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
marinesteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: TBD

Very large Ashcroft gauge for sale, Colorado

Post by marinesteam » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:11 am

For sale:

Very large Ashcroft pressure gauge. 300psi, Bronze bezel & bronze case

11 3/4" diameter bezel, 12 1/2" dia. back flange, 9 1/2" dia. glass face (the pics fail to convey the weightiness of this gauge)

Some small dings in case commensurate with an object around 100 years old. Difficult to see but you can feel some minor waviness around the entire diameter of the bezel. The gauge functions and reads the same as the gauge on my compressor up to 125psi (that's the compressors max). I would suggest having it deadweight calibrated if intending to be put into service. I suspect the glass is original as there is a small flaw (bubble) indicative of antique glass. It's a very beautiful gauge and would be a great addition on a bigger boat or on the wall of your "man cave".

Asking $325 USD + actual shipping costs from Colorado (would consider trades for steam related items, esp gauge makers ships clock, gauge board or the like)

Ken
artemis
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Pond Skimmer

Re: Very large Ashcroft gauge for sale, Colorado

Post by artemis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:28 pm

If you're going to use a gauge, particularly on a boiler, have it calibrated by a professional company. Most of the larger, but local, pipe and valve supply houses do it or know someone who does. These firms are certified (for boiler inspections) and will also identify any potential problems. Last time I had one done in the greater Portland, Oregon area it cost me $ 35 at Scaler Sales. They also dos minor repair to a complete overhaul.
Ron Fossum
Steamboating Magazine Editor
http://www.steamboating.org