22' Aluminum Hull - Some Assembly Required

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
SailorHarry
Steam on Deck
Steam on Deck

22' Aluminum Hull - Some Assembly Required

Post by SailorHarry » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:27 am

My steamboat dreams encountered some bumps in the road. My welder moved away, I bought a house, and now I am strongly considering selling what I've got and regrouping. I still have the boiler and engine but the hull is too big for my current storage space.

I ordered plans for Selway-Fisher's 22' Ruby steam launch redrawn for aluminum. I worked the drawings up in CAD and had the frames, keel, bulkheads, and skin plates water-jet cut. The rear section has been tacked together but still needs finish welding. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures but on the pallet is everything to assemble the boat. This includes 3/8" keel, 1/4" frames, 3/16" lower plates and 1/8" upper plates. Stern tube is in place as you can see as well as a rudder tube. I modified the plans slightly to move the rudder inboard but at this early stage it could easily be changed back. Also includes is various bar and angle stock for reinforcement etc. The hull plates, frame and keel are 5086 marine grade alloy as are most of the bar stock except for a few things that were only available in 6061. If you have the right shop and equipment you could have this thing assembled in just a few weeks. The keel is notched for the frames, the frames are notched for the transverse reinforcements, it goes together like inserting tab A into slot B.

Also included is the trailer it's all sitting on, which would suit the boat well once it's done. It's an old trailer but I overhauled it when I bought it about two years ago. New tires, replaces some bearings and rebuilt the rest, new wiring and lights, all fasteners replaced with stainless. Clear title in my name with a valid tag on it.

It's located in the vicinity of New Orleans, Louisiana. It needs to be moved from it's currently storage location by July. I have a long vacation coming up and am willing and able to deliver virtually anywhere in the continental US. It's sad to see this stuff just sitting around unfinished and I would much prefer to get it into the hands of someone who will make a boat out of it rather than going to the scrap heap.

As for price, my rock bottom would be right around whatever scrap value is. The trailer is worth an easy $1000 so lets say $1500 for the boat for a total of $2500. Any and all serious offers will be accepted.
Attachments
Boat Pieces 4 - Small.jpg
Boat Pieces 4 - Small.jpg (116.49 KiB) Viewed 9640 times
Boat Pieces 2 - Small.jpg
Boat Pieces 2 - Small.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 9640 times
Boat Pieces 1 - Small.jpg
Boat Pieces 1 - Small.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 9640 times