Fully refurbished 'Alex Moulton' twin cylinder marine engine, new boiler and steam launch opportunity

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
angello1
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Fully refurbished 'Alex Moulton' twin cylinder marine engine, new boiler and steam launch opportunity

Post by angello1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:08 pm

With great sadness my father has been persuaded to part with his long term (owned 34 years), ex-Alex Moulton, steam launch project 'Alice'.... It's a long story detailed in the eBay listing here:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224543955867 but the summary is a fully refurbished marine twin cylinder 'Alex Moulton' steam engine, a never-fired Anthony Bever boiler to suit, the remaining parts of the original 'Alice' steam launch - prop, propshaft, rudder etc.

A unique opportunity for the right enthusiast.

Priced for offers around £4,995, but all offers considered - especially to a worthy home. Contact via PM welcome.
angello1
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Re: Fully refurbished 'Alex Moulton' twin cylinder marine engine, new boiler and steam launch opportunity

Post by angello1 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:38 am

The eBay auction for this ends this evening around 20:30 BST, but all offers considered.
Akitene
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine

Re: Fully refurbished 'Alex Moulton' twin cylinder marine engine, new boiler and steam launch opportunity

Post by Akitene » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 am

"Item" relisted for only £2995. If I'd live nearer from the treacherous Albion, I'd definitely give it a try.
angello1
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Post by angello1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm

Yes, relisted at just £2,995 now. Sadly my father is not going to be able to get to this project. Better it finds a new home now than spends another 20 years idle. Monetary considerations are not as important as a motivated new owner. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to discuss.....
angello1
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Post by angello1 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:56 am

To conclude this thread, the remains of 'Alice' and the Alex Moulton steam engine have now been sold and are off to a good home where there is a strong likelihood of the boat being reconstructed and eventually returned to the water. 8-)