Quiet Presence in Maine

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
rainshadow
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Quiet Presence in Maine

Post by rainshadow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:00 am

For Sale: 35' steam yacht Quiet Presence, lying Gouldsboro, ME. Cedar on oak hull, pine on oak house, Semple boiler and twin Semple V-compound 3x5x4 engines, coal burning. Enclosed salon and open fan-tail seating; now set up as a day boat but could be refitted for cruising. Full of loving details like drop-down railway-style windows and a dutch door to the stern. Launched in 2001, when she was valued at $100,000 for survey. I'm ill and can't keep her, so she needs a new home. At this point, she needs about 6 small boards between the windows in the side of the house on the starboard side and five on port side replaced, where an undiscovered flaw in the original pine has turned them punky. I took the main feed pipes out when I winterized her; it's an afternoon's work to put them back in; they're sitting in my living room. And she needs a coat of paint. Otherwise, I've been over her and seen no problems. I'm asking $40,000, with terms available to a good steam home: I want to see her back in the water quickly!

You can see more pictures at the original builder's site: http://www.mp-marine.com/steam.html
rainshadow
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Re: Quiet Presence in Maine

Post by rainshadow » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Quiet Presence has finally sold, and is headed south to a new home.
Happy steaming, all!