Steamer for sale

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Steamer for sale

Post by DetroiTug » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 am

My buddy Bill just bought another boat and I told him I'd post his boat here for sale. This is the boat that Earl Morse was selling a year or so ago.

http://www.earlmorse.org/steamboatingpa ... enboat.htm

Bill bought it and spent a few months mounting all the machinery and tweaking. It's a good running boat and he's had it out several times this past summer.

He sent this info: "The boiler was built by Dave Thomas and has been hydrostatic tested @ 190 lbs twice in the last year . All pressure piping is new this year and schedule 80 -copper is schedule K through out. The trailer has new wheel bearings and tires and lights.The length of the hull is 17 feet ."

This is the boat:

This boat is easy to tow and run, and it's on a trailer and ready to roll. He's only asking $6k. After building my own, that is a bargain. The engine is work of art, guy did an awesome job on it.

**This boat is no longer for sale**

-Ron
Last edited by DetroiTug on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Re: Steamer for sale

Post by DetroiTug » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:32 am

Sold!!

-Ron
bilge rat
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Re: Steamer for sale

Post by bilge rat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Please email me (E_J_Morse@roadrunner.com) re. the contact info on the buyer. Better yet, ask the present owner to do so..The boiler was built by Dave Thompson and the engine IS a work of art...Hope it went to someone who appreciates it! The engine builder, Joe Bowen, was a master toolmaker and (deceased) would have never tolerated anyone who would put this engine on a shelf for display. It was made to be used and is a perfect match for the peapod...Bilge rat