Andrew Van Luenen's "Flyer" is for sale!!

Moderator: csonics

csonics
Anne from Little Britan
Anne from Little Britan
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Andrew Van Luenen's "Flyer" is for sale!!

Post by csonics » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Posted on behalf of farmerden:

farmerden
Warming the Engine

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:24 pm Post subject: Andrew Van Luenen's "Flyer" is for sale!!
I didn't see a column for "gossip" so I put it here ! The movie boat "Flyer" is up for sale! Seeing how I just bought another boat [well a whole bunch of pieces anyway] I somehow don't think Mother is going to let me buy another! So with that in mind I thought it would only be right to let our group

87gn@tahoe
Full Ahead

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 pm Post subject:
WOW.. just saw Andy at the B&W meet... he didn't say a thing about selling his boat.. I wonder why he's selling it.

For those that aren't familiar with the "Flyer", she is an Elliot bay fiberglass hull powered by a B&W watertube boiler and a marine compound (AVL machine) of Andy's own design. She Was in the movie "Maverick" with Mel Gibson... She really scoots.

What is he asking for her?
-'64 Buick Riviera
-'65 Buick Special WAGON

farmerden
Warming the Engine

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:08 pm Post subject:
no price was mentioned but he just had all the woodwork redone this year and we were steaming in it at McConnel Is in July. Just one of those boats that everything works and works well!-Could be the Master at the controls,could be the boat? Like all our boats I just want to make sure they outlive us! Dream never dies just the dreamer! Den