Anne from Little Britan
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Buffalo Injector Number 5

Post by csonics » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Posted on behalf of Maltelec:

Maltelec
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:41 am Post subject: Buffalo Injector Number 5
I recently aquired a Buffalo injector number 5 in very bad condition as the pictures should show.

It took me 5 hours to take appart. Thats 3 hours making a special tool, 1 hour heating and soaking in paraffin followed by 1 hour of persuading.

Does anyone know what capacity it is rated for? Its a type P according to the end.

87gn@tahoe
Full Ahead

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:21 pm Post subject:
This link should help a little, but is doesn't say anything about the flow rate;

http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/injectors.htm

1/2" I think the "P" indicates a 70-200psi operating range
-'64 Buick Riviera
-'65 Buick Special WAGON

farmerden
Warming the Engine

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 pm Post subject: ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Buffalo #5 sure looks identical to a Metropolitan #5 which lists all pipe connections as 3/4" size of overflow as1", Capacity with 80lbs steam pressure 2ft lift 250 gal Horsepower on a basis of 30 lbs evaporation per H.P. per hour is 28-40 .Thats a big injector!`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

87gn@tahoe
Full Ahead

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
farmerden wrote:
Buffalo #5 sure looks identical to a Metropolitan #5 which lists all pipe connections as 3/4" size of overflow as1", Capacity with 80lbs steam pressure 2ft lift 250 gal Horsepower on a basis of 30 lbs evaporation per H.P. per hour is 28-40 .Thats a big injector!`

The listing in the above attached link lists the Buffalo #5 at 1/2".

I was mistaken on the "p" though, it indicates whether or not it has the built in adjusting valve rather than the pressure operating range. In the case of the injector in question, it is the model without the adjusting valve.
-'64 Buick Riviera
-'65 Buick Special WAGON