Private Messages and emails.

Want to know a general knowledge question? Or think you can answer some simple questions? Have a look here.
Post Reply
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.
Location: Middle Earth

Private Messages and emails.

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Is there a way to set the private messages up to send an email when a P.M. is waiting for answer?

I've looked and can't spot anything.

I've had two waiting for a month because they are marked in a part of the screen (top left) that escapes my usual attention.
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
RGSP
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Boat Name: Platypus, Shelduck
Location: Very eastern England

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by RGSP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

If you go to the User Control Panel, and open the tab "Board preferences", there are various options available including "notify me of new PMs", which I think is the one to tick.
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:26 pm

RGSP wrote:If you go to the User Control Panel, and open the tab "Board preferences", there are various options available including "notify me of new PMs", which I think is the one to tick.
Cheers for that, but I already have that ticked.
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
User avatar
TahoeSteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:38 am
Boat Name: Wayward Belle
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by TahoeSteam » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:02 am

I've experienced the same problem. Ticked box all. I also would expect something to pop up when one first longs in.
~Wesley Harcourt~
Check out the steamboat videos on my YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/c/wesleyharcourtsteamandmore
RGSP
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Boat Name: Platypus, Shelduck
Location: Very eastern England

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by RGSP » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 am

Mike Rometer wrote:
RGSP wrote:If you go to the User Control Panel, and open the tab "Board preferences", there are various options available including "notify me of new PMs", which I think is the one to tick.
Cheers for that, but I already have that ticked.
That's puzzling, because I certainly do get notifications. Perhaps one of the other settings disables the facility: here's what my control panel is set to.

Image
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by Mike Rometer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:24 am

RGSP wrote:
Mike Rometer wrote:
RGSP wrote:If you go to the User Control Panel, and open the tab "Board preferences", there are various options available including "notify me of new PMs", which I think is the one to tick.
Cheers for that, but I already have that ticked.
That's puzzling, because I certainly do get notifications. Perhaps one of the other settings disables the facility: here's what my control panel is set to.

Image
Funnily after that I just got two notifications and I have two more in my inbox.

Signed,

Puzzled of Middle Earth.
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
RGSP
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Boat Name: Platypus, Shelduck
Location: Very eastern England

Re: Private Messages and emails.

Post by RGSP » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:39 am

Life would be boring without a few puzzles!
Post Reply