Hello

Read this first then introduce yourself here.
lifeboat
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Solace

Hello

Post by lifeboat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Hello, My name is Eric, I have a 25" converted life boat with a Semple 40 and a Whitney copy 3x5.5x4 to propel her along. Her name is Solace and this will be her tenth season on the Coneticuit River here in Vermont. As a lifeboat she could hold up to 40 souls. As a steam launch she holds 14 comfortably. The boat has 19" of roof and 5" of open area where you can go out and get sunburned. She turns a 24x40 wheel and flat out she peaks out at 6.5 mph. She cruises comfortably at 5.3 mph I run condensing without a hotwell. I might add one soon though. We have done many trips where my daughter and I live aboard. We might go up to the Rideau Canal in Ontrio in June.
fredrosse
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Margaret S.

Re: Hello

Post by fredrosse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello Eric and welcome here. Seems that you have a roomy and reliable launch. Can you trailer it? Also could you post a couple of pictures, or better yet, enter your boat information and picture on the Members' Websites and Boats forum section, under the topic "Member's Steamboats - A Simple List for All"
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.

Post by Mike Rometer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Welcome Eric, yeah we like pictures!
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Post by steamdon-jr » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 am

Eric,

Hi, Don Fenstermacher, Jr. Here, has ben a long time since I rode your boat in Waterford. She was a nice running comfortable boat and I still remember the day we could not find your daughter you, I, my wife and others were searching Waterford franticly only to find her sleeping under the forward bow of Solace. She must be getting close to her teens by now I would guess. Anyway welcome to the Forum.
lifeboat
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Solace

Post by lifeboat » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am

Thank you Don and others, I am going on holiday tomorrow and when I get back I will post pictures of the boat. My daughter has done several other trips with out giving me a near heart attack again. We now bring our bikes with us on canal trips as this doesn't leave us to use our LPC's (leather personel carriers) to get around. When I get back from holiday I will do the anual overhaul and hoopefully have her back in the water for the season by the first week of May.
87gn@tahoe

Post by 87gn@tahoe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 am

Welcome to the forum Eric

Lets see some pictures