Hello to Fellow Steamboaters

Read this first then introduce yourself here.
Mfoxchicago
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: PS Tule Princess

Hello to Fellow Steamboaters

Post by Mfoxchicago » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello Fellow Steamboaters - Mack H Fox here from San Angelo, Texas. (yes, the area of Texas out west that always prays for more rain). I am planning a return to the Steamboating community and am getting back up to speed. I am one of the former owners of a 30' launch by the name of "Doris Marie" when I lived back in Chicago, IL in the early '90's. I owned her back from approximately 1993-1995???. She had a VFT Boiler, 12hp/1910 Twin cylinder engine, enclosed engine compartment w/ an open fantail, cuddy cabin forward. I have no idea where she is now, slept a few times since I sold her and can't recall to whom I sold her or where - but I would very much like to find out where she is and her current state. If anyone recalls this boat, please let me know.

I am contemplating a return to steamboating with the purchase of a boat sometime in next six months or so, will let you know how that goes. If I am able to acquire this boat, I will soon be looking into hosting a Steamboat Rally down in Texas for any and all comers. What opinions do people have as to the best time of year to hold such a rally in the southern US, other than during the school year, for I am a Public School Teacher and the school term is already quite busy.

Glad to be headed back in to "the fleet".

Cheers to all!

Mack
Capt. Mack H Fox
TULE PRINCESS STEAMBOAT CO.
Lake Nasworthy, San Angelo, Texas

Follow us as:
Facebook - @Tule Princess
Twitter - @tuleprincess
Website - www.tuleprincess.com
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Re: Hello to Fellow Steamboaters

Post by DetroiTug » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Michigan, never heard of the "Doris Marie".

-Ron
artemis
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Pond Skimmer

Post by artemis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Mfoxchicago wrote:... soon be looking into hosting a Steamboat Rally down in Texas for any and all comers. What opinions do people have as to the best time of year to hold such a rally in the southern US, other than during the school year, for I am a Public School Teacher and the school term is already quite busy.

Glad to be headed back in to "the fleet".

Cheers to all!

Mack
As editor of Steamboating Magazine - http://www.steamboating.org - I would appreciate an email when you finally pick a date. You can email me from the website. I'll see that it's not only listed in the magazine but also in the "calendar" on the website.

The calendars that I have/have access to show reasonably busy June and July, but weekends in latter August are fairly free. You might also contact the folks who put together the Caddo lake Steamboat Meet in Uncertain, TX. PM me and I'll send you their email address and phone.
Ron Fossum
Steamboating Magazine Editor
http://www.steamboating.org
Mfoxchicago
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by Mfoxchicago » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Artemis & Detroitug - thanks for the shout out and for the willingness to list my potential meet details once they get firmed up. Much appreciated!
Capt. Mack H Fox

Follow us as:
Twitter - @tuleprincess
boatbum
Lighting the Boiler
Lighting the Boiler
Boat Name: Arcturus

Post by boatbum » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Mack,

I think you replied to a video I have on youtube. This boat your asking about is in California and is presently for sale. PM for details.

Keith
87gn@tahoe

Post by 87gn@tahoe » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I am relatively certain that this is the boat you speak of.

She is now known as the Jenny L., owned by Leif Larsen out of the Clear Lake, CA area and last I spoke with him he was considering selling her.

Mfoxchicago
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by Mfoxchicago » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:39 am

Well, what do you know - thanks Wesley; that's her, my old boat - the DORIS MARIE. She still looks fine. Wouldn't have an email address for Mr. Larsen would you? I'd like to chat with him about her. Thanks.
Capt. Mack H Fox

Follow us as:
Twitter - @tuleprincess