hello from iowa

Read this first then introduce yourself here.
lostintime
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

hello from iowa

Post by lostintime » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 am

Well, I'm landlocked and earning a living running the system backwards (industrial refrigeration), but I'm in the design phase of a power system for my acreage that someday I dream will go into a blue water capable boat
May predictive auto spell be damned
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Re: hello from iowa

Post by cyberbadger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 am

Looks like there are some lakes in Iowa you could trailer to. How big are you thinking?
lostintime wrote:Well, I'm landlocked and earning a living running the system backwards (industrial refrigeration),
I might want to pick your brain, I have thought of trying to run a refrigeration system via a v-belt/timing belt from one of my steam engines.

One of the special family things this summer was having my 12 year old nephew light the fire to start the steamboat to cross the lake for the purpose of getting an icecream! :D

Welcome to the forum!

-CB
lostintime
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Post by lostintime » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 am

There are a handfull, but they are overrun with speedboats and jet skis. Though there are alot of navigable rivers locally that ive went canoeing on that would support a nice little scaled down version of a landing boat.
May predictive auto spell be damned
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Post by cyberbadger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 am

lostintime wrote:There are a handfull, but they are overrun with speedboats and jet skis.
Well, I haven't actually had a Jetski bother me yet, but my plan was just to blow my whistle 5 times until they got my drift. :lol: (Means Danger/I don't understand you)

-CB