Hello from New Jersey (currently without a boat)

Read this first then introduce yourself here.
Tech_Viper
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Zhanna

Hello from New Jersey (currently without a boat)

Post by Tech_Viper » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Thank you all for welcoming me. I am a little different than the typical member here. I don’t own a steam boat. But my wonderful, father like, neighbor has built more steam boats (real and RC) than I can ever image I will get to.
He has been teaching me tons about steam, boats, machining, wood working, and many other related topics. All I can do is soak it up like a sponge.
I live in central NJ. While I’m the ‘computer guy’ my neighbor doesn’t like them at all so I don’t see him joining anytime soon. But don’t hold that against him or me please.
I’m an Army Veteran (still serving in the Reserves) and I currently work at the NJ State Police. (Don’t hold that against me either!)
Anyway, I’m looking forward to reading all I can here and joining the community.
Thanks again

Eric P
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Re: Hello from New Jersey (currently without a boat)

Post by DetroiTug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 am

Hi Eric,

Thanks for joining and Welcome to the forum and no, you don't need a boat to participate, but if you hang around you'll undoubtedly wind up with one :D Like you, I've been fortunate too to have some very experienced steamfolk to buddy up with and have learned quite a bit from them.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask away.

-Ron
Lopez Mike
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: S.L. Spiffy

Post by Lopez Mike » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 am

Yes, welcome to the forum. There is a lot experience and knowledge here. Ddon't be put off by the small tempests that erupt occasionally. Just read and make your own judgements.

And tell your neighbor that I have a brand new one meter long F.G. steam launch hull that I will sell for a very good price!!
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
Dalai Lama
marinesteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: TBD

Post by marinesteam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am

Tech_Viper wrote:Thank you all for welcoming me. ...and I currently work at the NJ State Police. (Don’t hold that against me either!)

Eric P
Eric,

Welcome, We can use some law and order around here :lol:

Cheers

Ken
TahoeSteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Wayward Belle

Post by TahoeSteam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum Erick.
Tech_Viper
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Zhanna

Post by Tech_Viper » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Lopez Mike wrote:And tell your neighbor that I have a brand new one meter long F.G. steam launch hull that I will sell for a very good price!!
Actually, he just finished an 18' steam rear paddle-wheel boat. It's really neat, but that means his custom 20' steam tug boat is for sale. (see photo.) It's really neat.

In fact, maybe I'll see if its appropriate for me to post the listing here before ebay.

I do love this boat. :geek:
Attachments
SAM_1455.JPG
This boat is for sale. Once I figure out if I can post the listing here, I will.
SAM_1455.JPG (84.16 KiB) Viewed 8891 times
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by PeteThePen1 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Group! We are a mixed bunch as you will discover, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. Thus if you have skills that seem relevant to a question, don't be shy about posting your thoughts.

Regards

Pete
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Post by steamdon-jr » Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 am

Many of you have not read the opening post very clearly, Eric is the neighbor of "Charlie Roth" the founder of the North American Steamboat Association and is on boat number 5, boat 4 Rachel Z is for sale. I am sure if Eric wants a steamboat Charlie will help him build it. in either case Welcome Eric, we have met at Nockamixon

Don Fenstermacher, Jr.