Steamboating Magazine - Back Issue

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Steamboating Magazine - Back Issue

Post by PeteThePen1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:14 am

Hi Steamboating Friends

I have managed to drift into learning about mono-tube steam generators, although the search actually started with looking at articles in the SBA's Funnel Magazine on steam canoes. I have also stumbled into my back issues of Steamboating Magazine because my wife asked me for a listing of my academic articles and then my non-academic articles. An ancient CV produced the first but I have never done a 'Publications List' for the steamboating stuff so it was a case of thumb through the magazine piles. Being easily distracted, I found an interesting monotube article in the Steamboating Magazine issues I have and then went online to pick up the drawings and pictures that Ron F had kindly posted up to go with the Issue.

In that listing I found reference to "A wood fired mono-tube boiler" that is in Issue MAR/APR, 2006. Sadly, that was before I had started to subscribe so I don't have a copy. Does anybody happen to have that issue and feel willing and able to email me a copy of it?

For those who are curious about why my Dearly Beloved wanted my publication list, the answer lies with the forthcoming celebration at the weekend. We have been married for 50 years and have done a bit of dicussion about what we have managed to do in that time together. Kath thought it would be fun to make a (short) composite Publications list of some of our work. The 'game' for our friends this weekend will be to guess who has written what. It will not actually be that easy as Kath and I worked together on the same subject area for much of our research.

Regards

Pete
RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Cluaran

Re: Steamboating Magazine - Back Issue

Post by RNoe » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:22 pm

Pete:
Congratulations to you both!!
I trust you will have a celebration weekend with friends, and more to come in your future together.

Katherine and I are heading swiftly toward our 40 wedding anniversary.
We can somewhat relate...
RussN
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by PeteThePen1 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:15 pm

Hi Russ & Friends

Thanks for that and I hope that your Katherine is making a good recovery. We have come back from a fun weekend where our friends produced a cake, baloons, a banner and even party games. I had not played pass the parcel for many a long year!

So, how about Steamboating Magazine back issues? Anybody happen to have MAR/APR, 2006?

Best wishes

Pete
SL Ethel
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine
Boat Name: SL Ethel

Post by SL Ethel » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 pm

I think I have all the issues from Ron's editorship. I'll see if I can find that one and make a digital copy this weekend.

Cheers,
Scott
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by PeteThePen1 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi Scott

Many thanks for that offer. Sorry not to respond sooner but we have had holidays and such interruptions.

Regards

Pete