UK vist from Swizterland

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
Mike Cole
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Blue Buccaneer

UK vist from Swizterland

Post by Mike Cole » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello All

I have received the following email in my capacity of the SBA Membership Sec. They are looking to meet up with some fellow UK Steamboaters on a vist to the UK this sept. If anybody can oblige can you email/Message me and I will pass it on. I have had a look at Vulcania and it is lovely.

Thanks
Mike Cole

dear M. Cole,
We live in Switzerland and belong a steamship named “Vulcania” on the Genfersee. We heat actually with kohl and wood but we are looking to change for a oil burner working with steam.
My question is: I hofer a trip to UK to my husband for is 70 birthday fron the 4 to the 20 Sept.. As we make this trip to visit the Dorset fair 4-7 sept. and on the Waverly arond the Iland of Wigh the 10 sept.t.We stay in Chicherster the 12 and 13 Sept. and go to Scotland (Glassgow 15-16) from the 17-18-19 sept. at Iverness. I wonder if there is a possibility to meet one of your membre near there. The problem is that we are reserved hotels along the trip and we change nearly every day. But we let a car from Glassgow on.
Thank you very mutch to answer me . I send you my best regards. Fr. Croci.
PS. You can see our boat on the site “vapeur-vulcania.ch” or hear our steam orgel” Calliope “on youtube.
Mike Cole
Dhutch
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SNB Emily Anne

Re: UK vist from Swizterland

Post by Dhutch » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:32 pm

I presume this is Sept 2015, and hence now long pasted. I hope they had a good trip.

Daniel
Mike Cole
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Blue Buccaneer

Re: UK vist from Swizterland

Post by Mike Cole » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Yes they managed to meet up with some Scottish steamboaters
Mike Cole