Winter restoration

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
wsmcycle
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: FEARLESS,l'il steamy

Winter restoration

Post by wsmcycle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Winter outside but busy inside. I am sanding and repainting “Fearless”. She was ugly when I bought her but she has a good heart and I look forward to making her lovely on the outside this winter. Actually, the paint was hideous and I was embarrassed when folks saw her although they were distracted by her navy K engine and the boiler.
Attachments
repaint fearless.jpg
repaint fearless.jpg (32.5 KiB) Viewed 9788 times
LIGHT THE FIRE!!
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Re: Winter restoration

Post by PeteThePen1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 pm

From what one can see in your picture she is looking pretty good right now. I look forward to the photos in the Spring when you have finished the restoration.

Just as an aside, I think I will admit to suffering garage envy. Here in the UK folk always express amazement that our double garage is 21ft by 20ft which is huge by UK standards. However, looking at some of the garages/storage spaces that you folks across the pond use, I simply drool. It must be great to have so much working space!

Regards

Pete
wsmcycle
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: FEARLESS,l'il steamy

Re: Winter restoration

Post by wsmcycle » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:57 pm

This work space is actually at the back of my production machine shop. I wish there was too much work to allow this extravagance but its better to be working than loafing. I haven't decided what color to paint her yet. She was maroon above the water line, white below that and light blue on the bottom. I could change but I guess my lack of a preference should lead to going back with the same scheme.
LIGHT THE FIRE!!