1902 Rochester steam launch - Glory Days (Norwalk, CT)

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
Shenton79
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: Glory days

1902 Rochester steam launch - Glory Days (Norwalk, CT)

Post by Shenton79 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the group but steam powered transportation has always been in my blood - from road going Stanleys and Whites, to seaworthy launches my family has restored and operated them our whole lives. We just love everything about steam.

One launch in particular stands out to me personally - having been hands on through the whole restored. Many many years ago our family restored a late 1800’s fantail launch and fitted it with steam power. It was amazing. She was named by my father, Glory Days and operated out of Norwalk, CT. After 4 years of operation on the norwalk harbor she was donated to the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium and Museum. After they had her prominently displayed for a decade or so, they decided that the museum was going in a different direction. They offered the boat to my father who told them they could sell it and keep the proceeds. I later found out it was sold at auction, sadly.

I would love to find her and offer the current owner / caretakers a first refusal offer to buy her when they are ready.

Does anyone know of Glory Days? Where she steams from now?

Very best wishes,
Shenton
Attachments
496AD065-B124-4498-AA44-6CD497AD4217.jpeg
Glory Days - Norwalk, CT
TahoeSteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Wayward Belle

Re: 1902 Rochester steam launch - Glory Days (Norwalk, CT)

Post by TahoeSteam » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have more details on the length, breadth, hull construction, boiler and engine makes/models/types, as well as any more pictures of the exterior and interior? All those details could help in tracking down the boat... Sometimes these get parted out or converted to a different motivator so the boiler may be one place and the engine another, but if someone recognizes the parts from ones they've seen in person or advertising they might be able to to point you in the right direction to make the right connections.