How are you fairing?

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Re: How are you fairing?

Post by DetroiTug » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:44 am

Dietrich,

That Lorry looks like a lot of fun, nice job on it

Russ, your engine looks very nice as well. My friend was building a 7'' gage Willamette, he got about $25k in and couldn't get the remainder of the castings as the man supplying them passed away, he bailed on the project and sold it, I wonder if anyone ever finished it. He had a beautiful 7 " GE electric too (blue and silver), sold that as well. It was perfect in every way, $1200 sound system etc. I don't think he ever ran it. Guy has crazy money.

I'm already doing boats and cars, thats enough.

Ron
Lopez Mike
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: S.L. Spiffy

Post by Lopez Mike » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Ron is right. "Pix or it didn't happen." I have been most remiss and will start up a separate thread about this rolling adventure.

Mike
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
Dalai Lama
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Post by cyberbadger » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:33 pm

Fairing ok.

Going to take Nyitra to Lake Chautauqua in a week or so where she will be for the next few months.

Just repainted the Deck, Alkyld paint is ok, but it only lasts a year or two. This is the fourth repainting in 6 years.

Been testing and improving kerosene firing in the last few months. Got a 10lb CO2 fire extinguisher (in addition to the required marine extinguishers).

Also got 2 steam traps and a tank, trying to setup a tank below deck that with collect condensate, and maybe in the future I will figure out some pump situation.

Slowly been doing fixes, improvements, replacements. Brought back the steam lance and the other whistle, elevated the safety valve, etc, etc.

-CB
tank2.png
Attachments
20210612-condensate.png
20210612-condensate.png (490.94 KiB) Viewed 2381 times