HAFENPOLIZEI "Burma Queen"

For quality photos of Steamboats
BoatStamps
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Re: HAFENPOLIZEI "Burma Queen"

Post by BoatStamps » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Hey folks...I'm sorry this is so late in coming, but I just discovered this site trying to drum up potential rescuers for the "Burma Queen"---we are the people who have had her residing on our acreage for the last 7 years or so. We initially brought the Burma Queen to our property to rescue her ourselves (at our own expense, I might add), but as things tend to do on a handshake, it didn't go well at all. Promises to turn over the title, steamplant and equipment in exchange for rescuing her from the Port of Port Townsend, the huge trailer and two cranes it took to unload her it never happened.

So the Queen has languished here and we moved on and bought another boat to restore. At this point the only answer we can seem to come up with that makes everybody happy is to cut her up for scrap, which none of us wants. We are moving closer and closer to our goal of selling this farm we've owned for 20 years and moving aboard the boat we bought, but we'll still be here for the next couple of years. If someone was willing to come forward and work things out with Jerry (I'd recommend making sure you get EVERYTHING in writing. That's a free tip we learned the hard way.) we'd let the Burma Queen stay here as long as it took to get her stabilized and moving towards a full restoration. My husband is a nuclear-grade welder and knows what needs to be done to save her and would be very happy to share his expertise.

We really do not want to see this beautiful and rare piece of working boat history disappear. We'll help in any way we are able. please feel free to contact us at vcstamper@comcast.net.
dhic001
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: S.S. Zeltic

Post by dhic001 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:16 am

Sadly being scrapped now. See https://www.facebook.com/classicyacht?h ... n=timeline for a past and current picture.
Daniel
TahoeSteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Wayward Belle

Post by TahoeSteam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 pm

What a shame.

Thanks for posting Daniel