Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

For technical tips, questions etc. on all subjects except Engines and Boilers.
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

Post by cyberbadger » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 am

Hi,

I use a little 12V transfer pump to do my initial boiler fill. I'm always messing around with the wiring too long.

Milwaukee has come up with a M18 battery compatible transfer pump in a ruggidized case.

I'm actualy a dewalt cordless guy myself, if I had milwaukee cordless tools I'd go for this in a heart beat, although it is pricey.

Window to view Pumping Chamber to verify flow, self Priming, 480 gallons/hr, 18 feet of lift, produces up to 75 foot of head height (engineeringtoolbox says this equates to 32.485psi).

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/ ... ps/2771-20

$200 for the pump.
$320 for pump, battery, and charger if you don't already have some Milwaukee m18 tools.

Thought I'd share it, because one of these would be might handy as emergency bilge pump for any boat if nothing more.

-Andy
barts
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Otter, Rainbow

Re: Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

Post by barts » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 am

I've used one of those small 12V impeller pumps to do various utility pumping jobs. If you need one regularly, I'd just install it somewhere hidden and properly wire it into place. The impeller pumps get grouchy if you run them dry and they do pound one's battery, so if this is an issue, consider a Guzzler 400 or 500 manual pump.

- Bart
-------
Bart Smaalders http://smaalders.net/barts Lopez Island, WA
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Re: Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

Post by steamdon-jr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:47 am

I work in the construction field and have a plethora of Dewalt tools but I also have few Milwaukee tools and The battery life of a M18 is really about 4 of Dewalt, I have a cordless bolt gun (large caulk sausages) and I caulked about 25 60' tall by 180' long windows with a 1/2" - 3/4" joint all the way around 3/8" deep without a recharge, I was still caulking but decided I better charge it before it left me stranded..... I also have the one handed Milwaukee Sawzall with a pruning blade I carry in the boat just in case !!! Love Milwaukee