Anthony Bever boiler

A special section just for steam engines and boilers, as without these you may as well fit a sail.
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 am
Boat Name: grayling
Location: Cumbria U.K.

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by steamboatjack » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 am

SBA Services ltd have a splendid scheme for members of the SBA. It is cheaper by far that most of the independent inspectors. details are on the SBA website.
Jack
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 am
Boat Name: grayling
Location: Cumbria U.K.

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by steamboatjack » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 am

SBA Services ltd have a splendid scheme for members of the SBA. It is cheaper by far that most of the independent inspectors. details are on the SBA website.
Jack
ivan the terrible
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Boat Name: Pricilla/Alice
Location: deepest darkest Somerset

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by ivan the terrible » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Mike Rometer wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:49 pm
Whilst you are totally correct about the SBA forum being exceeding quiet, not so their boiler services. Contact them for who is nearest and most able to take your boiler on.

thanks didn't notice that bit I'll drop him an email
warning may be grumpy :lol: 8-)
User avatar
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 pm
Boat Name: Frances Ann
Location: Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by PeteThePen1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi Ivan

Another thought for you. As an SBA Member you have access to the Membership list. If you do a search by region (South West) and then refine it by using the Advanced Search you can find out who the SBA members are in Somerset. Of course if you use a post code search you could also see if there are any SBA folk just down the road. Given the number of West Country folk with boats I think you could find some useful mutual support, as well possible leads to finding hulls.

Regards

Pete
jhuntley
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm
Boat Name: Melita

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by jhuntley » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm

ivan the terrible wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:13 am
Thanks for the response's
just to put the record straight I joined the SBA before I joined this group :roll:
the forum on the SBA site is virtually unused! that's why I'm asking on here!!

does anyone know of a boiler inspector around Somerset?

Thanks for your advice Nigel although it looks rusty that's mainly due to being in the fire aside from that it's been dry stored so I'm hopeful it wont be to bad once I get inside.
Kevin Slater, ex Chairman of the SBA is an SBA inspector I believe, aswell as a boiler maker. Not sure where in Somerset you are but he's based in the Chew Valley.
ivan the terrible
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Boat Name: Pricilla/Alice
Location: deepest darkest Somerset

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by ivan the terrible » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm

jhuntley wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm
ivan the terrible wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:13 am
Thanks for the response's
just to put the record straight I joined the SBA before I joined this group :roll:
the forum on the SBA site is virtually unused! that's why I'm asking on here!!

does anyone know of a boiler inspector around Somerset?

Thanks for your advice Nigel although it looks rusty that's mainly due to being in the fire aside from that it's been dry stored so I'm hopeful it wont be to bad once I get inside.
Kevin Slater, ex Chairman of the SBA is an SBA inspector I believe, aswell as a boiler maker. Not sure where in Somerset you are but he's based in the Chew Valley.
Thanks for that chew valley is right on my doorstep 😊
warning may be grumpy :lol: 8-)
jhuntley
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm
Boat Name: Melita

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by jhuntley » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:56 pm

ivan the terrible wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
jhuntley wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm
ivan the terrible wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:13 am
Thanks for the response's
just to put the record straight I joined the SBA before I joined this group :roll:
the forum on the SBA site is virtually unused! that's why I'm asking on here!!

does anyone know of a boiler inspector around Somerset?

Thanks for your advice Nigel although it looks rusty that's mainly due to being in the fire aside from that it's been dry stored so I'm hopeful it wont be to bad once I get inside.
Kevin Slater, ex Chairman of the SBA is an SBA inspector I believe, aswell as a boiler maker. Not sure where in Somerset you are but he's based in the Chew Valley.
Thanks for that chew valley is right on my doorstep 😊
You can't be far from me then either!
ivan the terrible
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Boat Name: Pricilla/Alice
Location: deepest darkest Somerset

Re: Anthony Bever boiler

Post by ivan the terrible » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am

jhuntley wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:56 pm
ivan the terrible wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
jhuntley wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm


Kevin Slater, ex Chairman of the SBA is an SBA inspector I believe, aswell as a boiler maker. Not sure where in Somerset you are but he's based in the Chew Valley.
Thanks for that chew valley is right on my doorstep 😊
You can't be far from me then either!
I'm in Priddy not a lot of water up here 😊
warning may be grumpy :lol: 8-)
Post Reply