The Shop Wisdom or Rudy Kouhoupt (Vol 1)

A special section just for steam engines and boilers, as without these you may as well fit a sail.
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

The Shop Wisdom or Rudy Kouhoupt (Vol 1)

Post by PeteThePen1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi Folks

I have just stumbled across a very positive review of "The Shop Wisdom or Rudy Kouhoupt (Vol 1)". It seems that the book also provides guidance on building his twin cylinder launch engine. Since I now have a copy of that design and am contemplating building it over size for the Fairlight 13 project I thought I would try to get a copy.

The book does seem to be available new at around $40 which seems rather more than is sensible to spend for something that may not be useful after all especially as it will be eligible for Boris's Brexit Premium duty on arrival in England. So if any of you Bookshop Browsers come across a second hand copy at a more sensible price I would be interested.

Does anybody have a copy? Is it a good book to have?

Regards

Pete
RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Cluaran

Re: The Shop Wisdom or Rudy Kouhoupt (Vol 1)

Post by RNoe » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Pete:
The book "The Shop Wisdom or Rudy Kouhoupt (Vol 1)" is considered a useful collection of ideas and machining solutions to have.
Rudy is relatively famous in the USA Hobby Machining circles for his smart approach to issues we commonly face.
'Hope you find a copy and it is useful to you.
RussN