Penberthy Injector Repair

A special section just for steam engines and boilers, as without these you may as well fit a sail.
RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Cluaran

Penberthy Injector Repair

Post by RNoe » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:10 pm

For those seeking servicing of a Penberthy (PB) injector, I just had success doing that.

We have a rare 1/2" PB injector that had the steam input jet lost and replaced with an incorrect one. No operation at our pressure range of 50 to 125 psi.
After some considerable research I located Edward Stark in Indianapolis, IN, USA, who may be that last knowledgable PB person left.
His Father had been in the PB servicing business, but passed away this past December 2021. With Emerson discontinuing all Penberthy products, what now?

Ed Stark repaired our injector in 3 days, by machining a new correct (1 of 4) steam nozzle, getting the overflow check to work correctly,
cleaning the unit inside and out, and pressure testing to satisfaction. I received the rebuilt injector yesterday and am totally satisfied.

Ed really knows his PB injectors. I suggest you make use of his considerable knowledge and skills soon, if you have a PB injector requiring work.
I can provide contact information if needed.
RussN
BB59CAE9-B09E-408E-8BD3-ADB4A89D8846_1_201_a.jpeg