Boiler Materials

A special section just for steam engines and boilers, as without these you may as well fit a sail.
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Re: Boiler Materials

Post by PeteThePen1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Dear John

Many thanks for your posting. I have looked at your photo and it does seem pretty straight forward. I like the brass band at the top - I was going to post a query about that sort of thing!

I was also most impressed by the rest of your photos on Flikr, not to mention being amused by the cat prints in the dust on one of the side benches...

I was not quite sure what you were doing/have done about the fire door and the frame. It certainly looked as if it will be very smart when finished. Are you going to share that bit with us?

Best wishes

Pete
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Re: Boiler Materials

Post by PeteThePen1 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 am

Hi John
PeteThePen1 wrote:I was not quite sure what you were doing/have done about the fire door and the frame. It certainly looked as if it will be very smart when finished. Are you going to share that bit with us?
Please ignore the dumb comment! :oops: I had not, at that point, followed through the later postings on your boiler thread. I like the way the firebox was done. A very impressive build.

Regards

Pete