AA Leak Book & drawings - Request

A special section just for steam engines and boilers, as without these you may as well fit a sail.
Dhutch
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SNB Emily Anne

AA Leak Book & drawings - Request

Post by Dhutch » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:26 pm

It was mentioned in passed last winter when working on emilyannes engine that there is or may be a book by AA leak on the building of his/this engine(s) and I was wondering if anyone may have or be aware of a copy that I could inspect or purchase.

I am also after a copy of the drawings for the enigne, a 4.5*7.5*4 compound although I know Geoff Laycock as a has set so can copy those if it comes to it.

Daniel
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: grayling

Re: AA Leak Book & drawings - Request

Post by steamboatjack » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 am

Daniel,
As far as I know the book concerns the smaller engine, As you already have an engine I doubt if its any use to you. As you may have read in other posts I am currently re-designing the larger engine as there are a number of things I do not like on it. If you have a problem give me a call.

Regards
Jack
Dhutch
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SNB Emily Anne

Post by Dhutch » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm

steamboatjack wrote:Daniel,
As far as I know the book concerns the smaller engine, As you already have an engine I doubt if its any use to you. As you may have read in other posts I am currently re-designing the larger engine as there are a number of things I do not like on it. If you have a problem give me a call.
Ok, i was just interested having hear talk of it.
- I dont have your number, are you in the sba register? Is the engine for a boat you building?
For that price, curiosity has had my credit card details of me again!

Daniel
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: grayling

Post by steamboatjack » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 am

Daniel,
The drawings, castings and book are all available from Camden Miniature Steam Services. I am in the SBA book under Maltby. No I am not building a boat I build engines for other people.

Regards
Jack