Lake Nockamixon Steam Meet

Been to a steamboat rally? Post pictures and tell us about it.
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Lake Nockamixon Steam Meet

Post by steamdon-jr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:15 am

today was a great meet, sun was bright, temperature about 85 degrees with low humidity. we had 6 boats in attendance and everybody had a great day. Phoebe Snow was in the water for about the 5th time and everything ran exactly as it should but the pump is still giving some hammer. will try to isolate the bypass to try and narrow down what is causing it. attached is a photo someone took of Phoebe Snow and sent to me.

Phoebe Snow, Don Fenstermacher Sr & Jr
Rachael Z , Charlie Roth
Rangely Doug & Gayle Pyatt
Muskrat Livingston Morris
Aubrey Claire Tom Battle
Jimmy D Debbie Daye

fredrosse
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Margaret S.

Re: Lake Nockamixon Steam Meet

Post by fredrosse » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Sorry I missed the meet, had to go to Amsterdam on business. Lots of canals and riverways here, looks like it is endless from the air, and many boats on almost every waterway.

Looks like the Nockamixon Meet was excellent!
S. Weaver
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Iona

Post by S. Weaver » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Don, Phoebe Snow looks great.
Steve
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by steamdon-jr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Steve and Fred,

Steve I thnk her 5th time in the water. some interior work to the seats during off times to be done and we will build a canopy over the winter. our old boat Adelaide now known as Aubrey Claire was there too...she is a rose hull and it is good to see her working so well on the water, after we had her for 17years I do miss her in some ways but being able to stand up and move around is nice.
Fred we still had the slight pump hammer and will try another thing to correct that but ran flawless otherwise. wish you could have been there but I understand.
racerfrank
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Post by racerfrank » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 pm

I really would have liked to come but too many things on the to-do list. Is there a meet in September or is the October the last one??

Frank
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by steamdon-jr » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:07 am

Frank,

yes October is the last but is 3 days, Friday-Sun October 11-13. On Saturday the 12th we will break for dinner around 4:30, have not picked the meal yet but last year wash chicken Francaise and a pasta dish with sides of veggies and salad, dessert, drinks including water, soda, beer and a few mixed drinks.. we then followed with the African Queen, this year maybe Sand Pebbles. all of this for a small fee of $15.00 per person. if you would like to come let me know.