PS Firecrest

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
Firecrest
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: PS Firecrest

PS Firecrest

Post by Firecrest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:35 am

Hi folks, I am hoping some of you can help with any information, pictures or memories of my boat PS Firecrest. She was built by the late David Garrick and was completed in 1973. Sadly I missed the chance to meet the builder by a couple of months due to the pandemic and the lockdown. As such I am trying to piece together her history as best I can and any help would be much appreciated. We know some of it but there are still plenty of gaps. We do know that she traveled far and wide and covered many hundreds of miles by both road and water but have limited knowledge of just where she has been. If all goes well there should be a pic below showing her in the water for the first time since her restoration.

RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Cluaran

Re: PS Firecrest

Post by RNoe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Where in the world?
Or did I miss that info, aside from the flags that I cannot read properly. (My issue)

And a nice restoration!
RussN
Firecrest
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Post by Firecrest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm

RNoe wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:31 pm
Where in the world?
Or did I miss that info, aside from the flags that I cannot read properly. (My issue)

And a nice restoration!
RussN
My apologies, the photo above was taken at Burton Waters marina just outside Lincoln UK. The burgee on the top is the Steam Boat Association with the Lincolnshire flag and the RNLI flag below. The boat undertook a charity fundraising cruise along the River Thames in 1976 in aid of the RNLI. The red ensign at the rear of course.

RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by RNoe » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:35 pm

I suspected your UK origin. Thanks for the education. Aways appreciated.

I like your coal bunker locations. Optimum.
RussN
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Post by cyberbadger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 pm

I really like the styling, painting, and all the details. I like those Samson Posts(cleats). It's a different style then I'm familiar with, I had to look it up! Definitely looks perhaps somewhat more practical then the cleats I have.

Firecrest is very elegant.

-CB
Firecrest
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out

Post by Firecrest » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 pm

cyberbadger wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 pm
I really like the styling, painting, and all the details. I like those Samson Posts(cleats). It's a different style then I'm familiar with, I had to look it up! Definitely looks perhaps somewhat more practical then the cleats I have.

Firecrest is very elegant.

-CB
Thanks cyberbadger. Those cleats came in handy today, Firecrest had her first trip down the water in just over 40 years. They were one of the additions that I have made to her, for both asthetic and practical reasons. Not expensive, came from a seeler on Ebay.

RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by RNoe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Now that picture is a beautiful vision!
You steamer looks smaller with people in it, and still retains the beauty of the design.
Welcome back on the waters and enjoy coming adventures.
RussN