Now You Know Where Canada Is!!

Got a Steamboat? Then put a link and pictures in here and let us know about updates etc.
farmerden
Stirring the Pot
Stirring the Pot
Boat Name: Steam Queen

Now You Know Where Canada Is!!

Post by farmerden » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:42 am

Just in case you didn't know-when we're not steamin' we're playing HOCKEY!! :lol: Image[/img]
Edward
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Re: Now You Know Where Canada Is!!

Post by Edward » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Dear Farmerden ,
At the risk of re-opening an earlier topic I must point out that maltelec has asked us to use English in this forum .

Very little hockey is played in North America but I understand that you occasionally play a version of it called Ice Hockey and I imagine it is to this that you refer . ( I believe you call the pure and original version of the game correctly known as Hockey " Field Hockey.")

Regards Edward .
PS Congratulations to Canada for probably the best yet Winter Olympics , pity about the weather but you can't have everything ; what a truly amazing collection of Canadian medals compared to previous years .
farmerden
Stirring the Pot
Stirring the Pot

Post by farmerden » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:46 pm

You're correct Edward! I had an old girlfriend that played field hockey at school ,while the boys played Rugby.It's interesting that it was delegated a "girl's" sport over here. Also we call another game Soccer -you call it football I think.It's fascinating the subtle differences in the English language. It's the same only different! Den PS also refering to the Olympics sometimes the times between first and fifth was so minute as far as I was concerned everyone won! I hope you enjoyed it.I will be paying for it for the rest of my life! Can't wait for those kids to entertain us again in London!!
Wearyman
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine

Post by Wearyman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:34 am

What are you mixin' in that picture den? Looks like a can of Labatts and a bottle of what might be either a dark rum or Jack Daniels. That's some stern stuff your stomach is made of there bub. :lol:
farmerden
Stirring the Pot
Stirring the Pot

Post by farmerden » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 am

Actually I was holding my wife's drink while she made me a sandwich but it does make me look like a drunk doesn't it :lol:
stevey_frac
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by stevey_frac » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm

What are you talking about. You were just holding some degreaser is all!

:)

Shame on everyone else for failing to see that the man is about to clean up some spilled steam oil.
Edward
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Post by Edward » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 pm

I think stevey_frac may be right , that particular brand of degreaser tastes very good .

Edward
Wearyman
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine

Post by Wearyman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 pm

farmerden wrote:Actually I was holding my wife's drink while she made me a sandwich but it does make me look like a drunk doesn't it :lol:

OK.

Which one is yours?

:D
farmerden
Stirring the Pot
Stirring the Pot

Post by farmerden » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 am

What have I done? The picture was to show the Canadian flag not my taste in alcohol :lol: The beer was mine. The bottle was wine. And my wife was sharing it with the rest of the crew! As far as the shots so well aimed-that's what happens when one starts bragging about "Ice Hockey" !! :roll: Next item?? Den
PeteThePen1
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by PeteThePen1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Folks

On the topic of not knowing where things are or what the respondent means 'cos he's using local speak, you may like these two:

1. (Warning: Not for the delicate constitution!) http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

2. This is all about tools and the like: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/ ... your-stuff

Have fun with them!

Regards

Pete

PS Yes, I am a closed paddler! However, sat to say but our Wenonah Prspector 16 is going to a new home this week. Unfortunately my dearly beloved crew and partner can no longer manage to get in and out easily, and being a rubbish paddler, I cannot cope on my own...